We are seeking a motivated and forward-thinking individual to serve as our Controller. In your role, you’ll be responsible for a wide range of activities, including day-to-day accounting responsibilities, driving accounting initiatives, and a variety of financial analyses and special projects. This role is perfect for you if you thrive in a fast-paced environment, you’re passionate about producing timely and accurate work products, and are looking for a company where your contributions will have a direct impact on the growth of the department and the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages all aspects of accounting: day-to-day accounting functions, billing, financial statements, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and various analyses.
- Solely responsible for the manual input of financial data into Sage software system.
- Oversees total financial planning including the preparation and analysis of budgets, cash flow, operating results.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes the job budget process, monitor progress and changes. Assists in the forecasting of revenues and costs during the budget process.
- Leads the financial modeling and analysis to support the development of long-term strategic initiatives and business plans. Generates and reviews controls to maintain methods to measure productivity, profitability, and efficiencies.
- Develops regular reporting and analyses, including key metrics reports, and conducts ad hoc financial analysis as required. Reviews monthly results with Management.
- Upgrades and implements an appropriate system of policies, processes, and internal controls to support the ongoing and future needs of the business.
- Manages bonding processes and insurance requirements for company and jobs.
- Prepares and manages monthly Work-In-Progress (WIP) reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- 5+ years of financial management experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Prior experience in government billing and contracts preferred.
- Previous Construction Industry accounting experience preferred.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills required.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction accounting.
- Experience with Union reporting.
- Experience with leased employees and subcontracting.
- Experience in selecting and implementing new IT systems a plus.
- Sage software experience a plus.
- General HR knowledge a plus.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
In Exchange for your commitment and passion, we offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- PTO Benefits
About the Company
Gale Construction Company (GCC) is a woman-owned small business general contractor offering a wide range of services and capabilities with 25 years of civil construction experience. Our team has worked with a variety of federal and corporate clients as well as state and local municipal agencies.
GCC is a socially and economically responsible company. We value our employees, clients, and strive to be good stewards in our community. Safety is a priority. GCC communicates our safety values daily and we work cohesively to maintain a healthy environment.