Join Elegant Event Lighting! We provide decor production services for wedding ceremonies and receptions around Chicagoland. This includes draping, chandeliers, dance floors and other unique decor elements. We provide extreme customer service from the first phone call until the last song of the night.
In this position someone who is organized, driven, and has a great personality will thrive. No experience necessary!
YOU can become a part of EEL! Team members who fit in well with us are those who offer EXTREME CUSTOMER SERVICE, team oriented and looking for an opportunity on the ground floor to learn the business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Installation and removal of draping, lighting, dance floors, furniture and other specialty decor for wedding receptions and ceremonies in and around Chicago.
- Installs and uninstalls lighting fixtures to include: pin spots, LEKOS, par-cans and up lights
- Prepares, assembles, installs and uninstalls fabric backdrops, Chuppahs, and other room décor throughout the event venue.
- Works carefully to minimize damage and breakage of products
Requirements to meet the standards of the position and working with EEL:
- Ability to work daytime and late evenings on weekends
- Production experience preferred, preferably in an event or shop setting
- Knowledge of basic electricity
- Works well under pressure with a proven ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced setting, and meet deadlines and goals
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and conflict management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask, work as a team and follow instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry 20-50 pounds repeatedly over course of work shift.
- Ability to work on your feet for extended hours.
- Good knowledge and ability to use tools and equipment that may include: Hammer screwdriver, Gaff Tape, tape measure, dollies, lifts, and 8 foot, 12 and 14 foot ladders.
- Must be 18 years or older and have a valid Illinois Driver’s License w/clean MVR
What we’ll provide:
Competitive pay; health-dental insurance benefits; PTO; retirement plan and paid holidays
Elegant Event Lighting does not discriminate in employment based on race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, military service, or other non-merit factor.