Are you an experienced Human Resources Manager who enjoys the thrill of creating positive, memorable customer experiences daily while providing human resources support? Search no more! We have an amazing opportunity for a team player that would like to promote our culture, keep matters in compliance, and represent the best interest of our employees and the company. This position is for Crawford Supply, located in Morton Grove, IL.
The HR Manager will be responsible for providing a wide range of human resources support and advice. The ideal candidate should have a broad knowledge of all facets of human resources and would serve as the point of contact for: onboarding, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, performance management, HRIS system management, compliance, HR analytics, and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities may include the following:
- Administers all aspects of payroll: hiring, terminations, payroll processing and input of benefit data. Transmits and receives payroll on a bi-weekly basis. Enters payroll data into the company general ledgers after each payroll processing.
- Oversees all employee life cycle events; such as employee on-boarding, performance management, employee development and employee off-boarding.
- Manages and administers all company benefits; including open enrollment, plan design, processes insurance premium payments and day to day benefits administration.
- Processes employment applications, background checks, and employee surveys.
- Manages all company culture events and create new culture engaging ideas to promote a strong team environment.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Partners with leadership team to understand and execute the company’s talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, and retention.
- Responsible for maintaining worker’s compensation files and OSHA annual reporting.
- Processes all COBRA, disability and FMLA paperwork.
- Compiles data to produce EEO-1 reporting annually.
- Conducts quarterly random drug testing for drivers.
- In conjunction with the Director, assist in the administration of the 401(k) Plan. Process distributions, QDRO and monitor compliance testing. Work with auditors on the annual 401(k) audit.
- Handles all employee relations issues.by advising supervisors on policy and actions to be taken when employment issues arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field preferred.
- 5 or more years of human resources experience.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook) and HRIS.
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively.
- A motivated self-starter with a demonstrated ability to maintain a positive can-do attitude.
In exchange for your commitment and passion, we offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental Benefits
- Disability Benefits (LTD,STD)
- PTO Benefits
About Our Company:
Crawford Supply is a Plumbing & Heating Wholesale Distributor with Designer Bath & Kitchen Showrooms that serves Trade Professionals and Homeowners in the Chicago, IL area. Plumbers, Heating Contractors, Builders, Remodelers, Architects, Designers and Homeowners count on us to help them get their projects done right, on time and on budget.
The Crawford Supply Group of Companies is proud of the fact that we are consistently rated as a Top Wholesale Distributor as determined by The Wholesaler Top 100 and Supply House Times Premier 125. We are a leader in the local markets we serve.